Amazon Prime Video recently held an event in Mumbai to announce its new TVoD (transactional video-on-demand) offering via the new Prime Video Store. It's a movie rental service in India. The sole purpose of the Prime Video Store is for people to get early access to a lot of new movies as well as old movies which are already on the platform.
The rental service will offer popular movies from domestic, international and regional (Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada) industries. This service will be available for both subscribers and non-subscribers. This store allows users to pay for one movie instead of paying for the entire platform.
There’s no standard price for renting movies in HD on the Amazon Prime Video Store. Based on whether the movie is available with early access and its popularity, the platform will charge users money for watching something. The amount charged for renting a movie will be clearly displayed on the movie's page and on the payment portal.
The price for renting a movie will range from Rs 99 to Rs 499 across various genres including action, adventure, kids, horror, animated movies, science fiction, comedy and family movies. If you rent a movie, then it will be available for 30 days, but if the user starts watching the movie, then he or she will lose access in 48 hours and you miss the deadline, then you will no longer get the access of the film.
How to rent a movie on Amazon Prime Store
- Open the official Prime Video website using a browser on your laptop or desktop. You will find the new “Store” tab.
- You can then select the movie you want to rent from the different categories in the store.
- Click on the movie you want to rent and tap on the “Rent” button.
- When you tap on the rent button, you will be asked to sign in to your Amazon account.
- After you sign in, choose the payment method to pay the rent. You can only make payments using your debit or credit cards. There is no Amazon Pay, UPI, or other digital payment option.